In this episode I catch up with Emma Sharrock, who is passionate about all things that involve change and people, having worked as a project and change manager since 1999.
We talk about:
- Her background projects and change;
- Her book ‘The Agile Project Manager’;
- What organisations struggle with when attempting an agile way of working;
- What shapes team’s success;
- The difference between a good and awesome project manager; and
- What she enjoys most working with her clients.
Emma founded a coaching business in 2011, and since then has been looking for ways she could “converge” her passions for projects, change and human behaviour.
She feels that in this increasingly complex world, we are losing the human aspect of project and change management. We are prioritising tools and templates over relationships and human interaction.
Her goal when she wrote “The Agile Project Manager” was to provide simple techniques to assist project professionals to achieve project success.
Emma’s goal working with her clients is to ensure their mindset is where it needs to be in order to use these techniques in the best way. Because when we re-think how we think, it shifts our approach, and ultimately our results.